Monday

Valentine's Day


Oh Valentine's Day. The time of year when single people get to feel bad about not having someone, and people in a relationship get to feel bad if their special someone doesn't meet their extreme Valentine's day expectations. A hallmark holiday as most people call it.
Now I don't think that Valentine's Day is all bad. It's nice to get something, and to be reminded that someone loves you. It's also nice to remind someone that you love them. But I mean how far do you have to go to do that? People go out to lavish resturants, and plan huge affairs just to show someone that they love them. Even cards are expensive now. (The one I got Chris was like 7 bucks at shoppers !). I don't think that people need to spend money to show how much they love eachother, when there are so many different things that people can do.
This is my second Valentine's day with Chris. He bought me some nice flowers, and then we ordered dinner with my mom. We came home, ate, tried to watch our favourite TV show, and then fell asleep by 8:30. Haha we were really into the spirit this year. Last year's was better. Chris came over, and I had my room all filled with candles, and I had made a big heart shaped cake. We iced the cake together, went downstairs and ate almost all of it.
My point is that Valentine's day doesn't have to be a day where you go out and spend money. I was perfectly content to spend it at home in the presence of someone who I love very much.
Also, I believe that Valentine's day is more for single people who want to hook up, or new relationships. Once you get into a long-term relationship, Valentine's day isn't that big of a deal. It's a nice day to spend with a loved one, but it's not huge. In my opinion, Christmas is a more romantic holiday than Valentines day.
That's just my opinion though. Feel free to disagree.
Hope everyone had a great Valentine's day, no matter who you spent it with, or what you were doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment